Building & Code Office
The mission of the Building and Codes Office is to safeguard public health and welfare in construction, fire prevention and property conservation by enforcing local, state, and federal standards, codes and zoning ordinances. By ensuring quality construction and facilitating growth, the community will foster a higher standard of living.
The Building and Codes Office is responsible for the administration of plan review, permit issuance and the enforcement of building, electrical, mechanical, gas, energy conservation, and fire codes. The objective of advocating these principles is to ensure that the construction meets the minimum standards to safeguard life, health, property, and public welfare.
Fire Prevention is part of a Community Risk Reduction (CRR). Key responsibilities are plan review, permit issuance and inspections. To achieve this goal, the CRR’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting fire safety inspections of businesses, apartment buildings, schools, and care facilities and ensuring that owners are reporting and maintaining fire protection systems according to standards.
Code Enforcement utilizes the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) and Collier Township Municipal codes and zoning to address public health and safety, including regulations related to:
- Health and sanitary conditions
- High grass and weeds
- Sign regulations
- Abandoned/unsafe structures
- Inoperative/unlicensed motor vehicles
- Stormwater management
- Building and Zoning Permit Application
- Business Registration application - 2021
- Conditional Use Application (PDF)
- Demolition Application
- Dumpster Permit Application
- Electrical - Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler System Plan Review (PDF)
- Fireworks Permit Application (PDF)