Fort Pitt is a great Collier Township neighborhood located just off the Carnegie Exit of Interstate 79.
There was also a “Fort Pitt” built by the British in 1758 during the French and Indian War. This fort was named after William Pitt the Elder who was Secretary of State during the war and would eventually become the Prime Minister of Britain. It became the site of historic siege and its remnants can be seen in downtown Pittsburgh’s Point State Park.
Collier’s own “Fort Pitt” is not the site of this more famous landmark, but it was home to some locally famous old businesses, like Vimco Macaroni. And today, some of Collier’s best businesses and families call the neighborhood of Fort Pitt home.